My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Favorite Fall Memory #2

October 1990
My mom used to make us matching outfits.

Between my first Halloween and this second one,

I had my heart fixed (VSD and PDA),

spent about half the year in the hospital

and ended up with a permanent trach.

My mom says I was always smiling though.

7 comments:

narretto said...

Hi Sarah,
Thank you for commenting on my son's picture on my blog. Although you stated that you were in the hospital for such a long time when you were small it doesn't seem to havew slowed you down:) You are a beautiful young lady. I would enjoy "keeping up" with your blog if you don't mind.
April

Cleo said...

You are a warrior Sarah!!!. Great pictures. =)

Shawndi84 said...

What a happy baby!! I hope A'Reian and Anthony will always be as close as you are with TJ! :)

JennyH said...

I just found your blog. I will be checking back often! I love what I have seen already.

Kim said...

What a trooper! You look just like your mom!

AZ Chapman said...

hay sarah my name is AZ I am in high school and a advocate for the disabled . I love the pics of y and y bother

WheresMyAngels said...

Cute photo's!