My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Favorite Fall Memory # 16

SOCCER TIME !!! October 17, 1998

I am on the blue team. You probably already figured that out.

I love soccer.

I am nine years old here.
My dad was the coach this season.
He played soccer in high school.
So I think he liked being my coach.

We had girls and boys on our team that year.

Running, running, running. Sometimes it wears me out.

And it made me dehydrated which is why my lips are stuck to my teeth. Good thing I have a water bottle with me.

13 comments:

Mamarazzi said...

SO cool! i love Soccer!

datri said...

Looks like you are having so much fun! Do you still play?

RK said...

That brings back good memories! I played soccer when I was younger too, and I loved it.

And those pictures are from my birthday too! :o) (I turned 25 that day! So how old does that make me tomorrow? Oh NO!!)

SunflowerMom said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun playing soccer. I played when I was a young girl, too, but was never good at it. My parents' have photos of me running past the ball! Ha ha ha

John S. said...

test

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah, You are an amazing girl. You have accomplished so much in your life. I love following your stories.

Kim said...

Playing sports in the fall is the best!

waldenhouse said...

Love the soccer pictures Sarah. Do you still like to play?

Lily said...

Lily played soccer for one season. She was more excited about seeing her friends and running off the field for water ;-)

Mary said...

My 6 year old is playing soccer for the first time this fall and having a blast. I hope Riley likes to play when he gets bigger. I never played as a child so I'm learning lots! It sure looks like you had a blast playing. I have enjoyed watching your fall memories. Looks like you have a fun family that loves each other a lot.

Michelle said...

It looks like you really had fun playing soccer! I signed Kayla up for a little soccer class last year, but she didn't seem too interested...maybe we'll try again in a couple years! My sister plays soccer and loves it.

Lianna said...

Wow, Sarah, you look like a GREAT soccer player!

Mrs. Kent said...

I remember you so well in this soccer uniform and watching you play. Those were the good old days when I got to watch you play soccer and softball and see more often than I do now. You are awesome! Love, Mrs. Kent