My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Friday, September 19, 2008

Presenting...Cinderella

Well, Here I am.
The first thing my dad said when he saw me was,
"Sarah, you look just like Cinderella."
That's when my mom started to cry.

One Saturday, my mom and me spent the whole

day at the mall looking for the perfect jewelry to wear.

We found a necklace that had a matching bracelet.

I don't usually wear jewelry so it felt a little weird at first.



Can you see I have jewels in my hair too.


Look, my shoes are blue.

They started out being white but they dyed them for me.

Oh, I think Alex is here.



13 comments:

Robin said...

Sarah, you do look like a princess! Thank you for stopping by our blog (The Morgan Report). I look forward to following your blog. You have the face of an angel. BEAUTIFUL!!!

Michelle said...

Sarah, you are a beautiful princess! The blue dress and matching blue shoes are perfect! I hope the dance was fantastic & fun.

Thanks for stopping by our blog! I really enjoyed reading your blog, and will continue to read it - it's wonderful!

Melissa said...

Hi Sarah...You look so pretty! You picked out the perfect dress!! I hope that you had a great time at your prom. Looking forward to hearing how it went!
Melissa

RK said...

Sarah! What a beautiful dress on a beautiful girl! And I like your jewelry very much, too. That makes me want to get all dressed up too, but I have no where to go! :o)

Heather said...

Hi Sarah.Your mom stopped by my little princess's blog and said hello.I am so glad she did because now I can come by and check on a most amazing young lady, that I can only hope and pray that Zoey will grow up and be just like someday.You look magical ...just like a princess!

Tara Marie said...

Cinderella.....you look just like a princess, and I know exactly why your Mother started crying. Looking at you in your dress is exactly like looking at a fairy tale.....you are beautiful!!!!

Cleo said...

You are GORGEOUS Sarah !!!

Shawndi84 said...

Hi Sarah! Thank you for visiting! You look SO beautiful in your prom dress!! I loved reading your blog and looking at all of your pictures, we will be checking back often!

-Shawndi & A'Reian

p.s. I love your choice of music! That is A'Reians favorite as well... she LOVES to dance! :)

Trina said...

That is exactly what I thought when I saw your dress, Cinderella! What a beauty you are. I hope your prom was just like the royal ball.

Michelle said...

Cinderella indeed! You looked beautiful for prom! Love the dress and how your hair was done up!

Mary said...

You look so beautiful Sarah! Love the dress!

Chrystal said...

Oh my goodness! The song + the beautiful photos = happy tears from this old lady

Congratulations, Sarah! It looks like you had a fantastic time. I'm so, so happy for you. What a wonderful time prom is in a young woman's life.

Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

Sarah, I'm finally having some time to read and enjoy your amazing blog. You look absolutely stunning - just like a princess.