My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Oh, the Price of Beauty

I am not too happy about this.


I can't believe I am getting my eyebrows waxed, just for a dance.

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

Marci, I am not going to talk to you ever again.

Oh, That's better. Now I'm happy.


A MESSAGE FROM MOM: This amazing journey we have been on for the past nineteen years with our precious Sarah has included some really wonderful people. This is the perfect time to let Marci know how much she means to us. I first met Marci when Sarah was in the hospital following her heart surgery. Sarah spent about four months in ICU, due to many complications. You may have noticed in a few photos we've posted that I have very thick, naturally curly hair, so it gets to the point where instead of growing down, it just grows out (think Bozo). I was way beyond that point, but I was working full-time and when I wasn't working I was at the hospital. One day in a grocery store my mother-in-law found Marci, By Chance or By Design, and she agreed to open the shop she worked in on a Sunday morning to try and salvage my wild hair. She has continued over the years to work around our crazy schedules and cancellations at a moment's notice. She has become a cherished friend over the years and has developed a wonderful bond with Sarah, that means the world to us. Thanks Marci - you're the best hair stylist ever.

3 comments:

Cleo said...

You look beautiful Sarah!!!, it was worth the discomfort. :D

jessica @ raising joey said...

Getting your eyebrows waxed is no fun! The things us women go through for beauty!
You look beautiful! I can't wait to see pictures from your prom!

WheresMyAngels said...

Sarah, you look so much like my daughter Mercede that my mom even remarked on it. She too has some extra hair between her eyebrows!! lol But I have been shaving it, haven't tried waxing it yet. I think she might not take it as well as you.