My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Friday, September 5, 2008

Graduation June 2008

Here I am walking across the stage to get my diploma.


I had to stop and pose for the photographer before walking down the steps.

I graduated with merit so I wore red cords around my neck.

That means I had a 3.280 grade point average.

I was ranked 90 out of a class of 400 students.

This is my friend Danielle.



This is my friend Andre. He is really, really tall.






























6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures, Sarah! Congratulations on your graduation!

My name is Allie and I'm from Australia and I can't wait to keep reading your blog! :)

xox

Tara Marie said...

Congratulations Sarah!!!!

I'm so excited to find your blog and I hope you don't mind, but I am going to write about your blog on my daughters blog. She just started school and you just finished school and my most sincere wish is that I have photographs and a story to share just like yours in 12 years of her graduation!!!

You are my inspiration!!!!

Peace and love, Tara Marie....Emma Sage's Mother [and her siblings Katrina 19, Greta 17 and Otto 12]

RK said...

Hi Sarah!! What an exciting thing to see your graduation pictures! Congratulations!!

I'm so happy to see that you have my little Braska on your list too! Thank you! We are honored!

starrlife said...

Sarah, congratulations- what a memorable achievement! My daughter is in 2nd grade, she loves school so much and I am looking forward to her wonderful future as well. She also, BTW, happens to have Down Syndrome. Great blog- look forward to reading more!

Denise said...

Found your link from Emma Sage's mom. You are such an inspiration!!!! My daughter also has that extra special chromosome:) I will add you to my favorites.
www.caringbridge.org/in/sydneylynne

Anonymous said...

Dear Sarah,
Again, Congratulations!!! I am glad that you graduated from the same school as I did. Brush '59!!
Love and best wishes. I will keep in touch.
Mrs. Gardner