My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Monday, September 8, 2008

Buckeye Fans Everywhere!!!

I'm so excited to hear from so many Buckeye fans.
I was going to write about something else today,
but instead I think I will tell you about my 18th birthday.
I know everybody has heard of Sarah Palin by now.
When you read about my birthday present you will see why I was
so excited that Piper got to stop at the
Buckeye Corner to get a cheerleader outfit.

I know this is hard to read so I am going to have my mom download what it says:


The Sarah Ellen Ely Endowed Scholarship

In honor of Sarah Ellen Ely's 18th birthday, her family has established an endowed scholarship in her name at the Ohio State University's College of Social Work. The scholarship will be awarded each year to a master level candidate in social work committed to the field of developmental disabilities and actively engaged in a field placement at the Nisonger Center on the Ohio State University campus. Sarah was born on August 9, 1989 and diagnosed with Down syndrome. She has become an enthusiastic Buckeye fan and prominently displays her devotion with her scarlet and gray wardrobe and buckeye necklaces she makes at her job training program. Sarah's parents both attended OSU and her mother and grandfather both received their MSW's from the College of Social Work.

Isn't this cool!! Each year I will get to meet the student
that receives the scholarship and they will
go on to help other families just like us.
Tomorrow I will show you some pictures of my
big Buckeye Birthday weekend.

OH - IO OH - IO OH - IO















5 comments:

Cleo said...

It is VERY COOL Sarah !!!, a BEAUTIFUL way to honor your life :))

Cynthia said...

Hi Sarah! I read about your blog on Emma Sage's blog. I really like your blog and am looking forward to reading more! I have a seven year old son who has Down syndrome. He has a music therapist too!

Kacey Bode said...

Hi Sarah!

I am Kacey, Ella Grace's mom, now that I have found your blog I will definetly be checking in regularly! You are an inspiration to me!!

jessica @ raising joey said...

Go BUCKEYES!

O-H-I-O!!!!

Michelle said...

wow that is wonderful! What an awsome way to commemorate your birthday!