My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Brothers are the Best !!!

This weekend my big brother TJ (short for the Third John) was the man of my world. He is 20. For the first time ever my mom and dad went to Columbus and I stayed in Cleveland with my brothers. TJ drove me to my music therapy session and helped me with my breathing treatments. He even cooked and cleaned. Thanks TJ - you're the best.

Here's my mom and dad going to the OSU game.



I'm so happy they finally got to sit in their seats together.
Usually they give the tickets away as gifts or
one of them takes my little brother or me if it's not too hot.
This was their OSU 25th Reunion weekend.


OSU beat Ohio University, but there must have been some tense moments because I heard TJ screaming a few bad words while he was watching the game on TV. Don't tell my mom or dad though, they don't like it so much when we use bad language.



A MESSAGE FROM MOM: Today I was sent a link to a caring site for a sweet baby girl named Madilyn McKenzie. Maddy is in Cincinnati Children's Hospital. She too is T21 and has had heart surgery and recently had surgery for placement of a trach. She has an adorable toddler brother Max and when I saw photos of Max leaning over to kiss Maddy in her hospital bed, I couldn't help but shead a few tears for this dear family as we know so well what they are going through. I'm sure Max will grow up to be just like our precious TJ, for I believe God chooses these brothers carefully. Please keep the McKenzie family in your prayers. Here is their link: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/maddyspage



















3 comments:

RK said...

Sounds like an exciting weekend for everyone! We know little Maddy too, and she's super special. Thanks for mentioning her here too! Her family is pretty amazing and they can use all the prayers they can get right now. Thank you again.

Raising Joey said...

What a fun time! I grew up in Ohio (I now live in Connecticut) and I also love the Buckeyes!

This is my first time visiting your blog and you are such an inspiration. My son, Joey has Down syndrome too!

-Jessica

Cleo said...

Hi Sarah, CONGRATULATIONS on your graduation!!!. Great pictures!!!.
Emma Sage's mom Tara posted about your blog. You are a beautiful and inspiring girl with a wonderful family. I will be visiting your blog to follow up on your amazing and loving journey :D
Many Blessings ~