My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

We're Going to Florida!!!

I'm going to take you on my trip. My Grandma & Grandpa Ely live in Florida. I have not been to their condo in a very long time. So we are going to Naples to celebrate my graduation from high school. This is the first time ever I have been to Florida in the summer. I hope it is not too hot.

My whole family is traveling together, so we have lots of suitcases.

My mom and dad have a rule. If all five of us are going on the same trip, then we fly on the same plane. If one of us is not going, then they fly on different planes. They do this just in case something happens, one of them would still be around to take care of us.


Here I am in my wheelchair. I only need it when we have to walk a really long way. I had open heart surgery when I was a baby and had some extra problems. I ended up with a permanent trach for seven years. My lungs are not in great shape, so I have trouble breathing when I walk far.

Here's TJ claiming he's starving. He is always hungry lately.

Good thing we got to the airport early. Now TJ's eating a Cinnabon. Matt's too excited to eat. He just wants to get to the beach to scope out the girls...

5 comments:

ABandCsMom said...

So cool that your family was able to take you to Florida to celebrate your graduation. I bet you had a blast!! Can't wait to read all about it.

Karen said...

Have a wonderful trip!

Denise said...

Have a great trip Sarah!! I have never been to Florida. I can't wait to hear all about it.

jjpsmommy07 said...

Have a great time in Florida! My mom lives in Coleman Florida. She has only met Jonathon once and that makes me sad that she lives so far away. B.T.W. I LOVE Florida.

Perplexing Situation said...

whew, I bet Florida was very hot in the summer. I hope not too hot though. What a great place to celebrate graduation too!